Position Description and Objectives: The Marketing and Communications Coordinator provides a broad range of communications, marketing, and promotional support to the firm. Meets regularly with team leaders to review business development needs and opportunities. Is proactive in identifying client opportunities and is also responsive to team leaders' efforts to solicit new business. Leads development and maintenance of all business development materials. Provides support of document production for marketing and proposal purposes. Helps the marketing and design team achieve brand consistency, coordinate messages, and reflect the highest standards for external communication. Provides project support for communication related efforts, including stakeholder interviews and syntheses and report writing and development. Supports all aspects of a small, growing consultancy.
- Work with marketing manager and designer to create branded collateral
- Support opportunities for sponsorship, speaking opportunities, awards and conferences that pertain to CAI and staff
- Help track and pursue business development opportunities
- Support the proposal process in response to RFPs
- Work with project teams to coordinate proposal responsibilities and timelines
- Write new marketing content and tailor existing text to craft engaging proposals
- Create final proposals in InDesign
- Manage email marketing campaigns on behalf of CAI and projects
- Create one-page cut sheets on CAI practice areas and specific projects
- Manage social media
- Write web copy
- Write press releases
- Assist with stakeholder engagement related to project work
- Dissect notes and survey feedback to construct report outlines
- Copyedit reports
- Write executive summaries
Experience and Knowledge: This position requires a highly professional work ethic, accountability and comportment as well as a willingness to learn and assist in all aspects of a small and growing firm. Must have positive energy and a flexible work style to meet urgent deadlines, be task-oriented and creative, capable of independent and resourceful problem-solving, and have the ability to learn quickly and work well in a team environment while contributing to a learning culture.
Qualifications: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related communications field preferred. Should have a minimum of 2-3 years marketing, communications, media/public relations experience. Possess proficiency with MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and database software. Exhibit experience with social media and website management, crafting press releases, and developing visual presentations. Detail oriented, self-starter with strong self-management skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to sit and utilize a computer for long periods. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to qualified employees or applicants with disabilities, unless to do so would cause undue hardship.
Conclusion: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.